Local News Headlines
- How Hillary Clinton chose Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her VP
From the very start, Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine was a front-runner to join Hillary Clinton on the Democratic ticket.
- Clinton and Kaine to debut as Democratic ticket in Florida
Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine will debut as a presidential ticket in the crucial battleground state of Florida as they head toward next week's Democratic Party convention.
- Heavy rainfall causes roof collapse in Dubuque building
Officials say heavy rainfall caused a section of roof on the former Dubuque Brewing & Malting building to collapse.
- 4th person pleads guilty in contract bribery scheme
A former Bettendorf city official has pleaded guilty to accepting bribes from a municipal contractor.
- Keokuk steel foundry to reopen with aid of state incentives
An idled steel castings foundry in Keokuk may come to life again and create 200 jobs with approval of state incentives.
- Closing arguments set in man's trial for Sloan slaying
Closing arguments are expected Friday in the trial of a Sioux City man accused of killing another man in the northwest Iowa community of Sloan.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press at 1:40 p.m. CDT
Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller says his office has reached an agreement with a northwest Iowa couple that requires them to pay a $15,000 fine for allowing hog manure to end up in a creek killing thousands of fish. James...
- Authorities ID worker who died in wind turbine fall
Story County authorities have released the name of a man who was killed in a fall while working on a wind turbine.
- Farm couple agree to pay fine to settle hog manure lawsuit
Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller says his office has reached an agreement with a northwest Iowa couple that requires them to pay a $15,000 fine for allowing hog manure to end up in a creek killing thousands of fish.
- Man shot to death on east side of Des Moines, police say
Authorities say a man has been fatally shot on the east side of Des Moines.
National News Headline
- Kerry visits American wounded in Nice attack
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is on a private visit to Nice, France where he visited an American citizen recovering from injuries sustained in the July 14 truck attack in the Mediterranean city.
- California governor denies parole for Manson follower
Leslie Van Houten, the youngest member of the Manson "family" to take part in a series of gruesome California murders in 1969, has been denied freedom again - her past overshadowing her decades as a model prisoner.
- 'Went down fighting': Slain deputy to be laid to rest
Brad Garafola, one of three law enforcement officers shot and killed by a lone gunman in an ambush, went down fighting, returning fire to the very end.
- The Latest: Democratic delegates mostly positive about Kaine
The Latest on Campaign 2016 between the Republican and Democratic nominating conventions (all times local):
- California governor denies parole for Manson follower
California Gov. Jerry Brown denied parole Friday for Leslie Van Houten, the youngest follower of murderous cult leader Charles Manson who is serving a life sentence for killing a wealthy grocer and his wife more than 40...
- Girl, 14, killed by lightning while on personal watercraft
A 14-year-old girl has died and a woman was hospitalized in critical condition after lightning struck the personal watercraft they were riding across a reservoir straddling the Utah-Wyoming border, authorities said.
- The Latest: Authorities ID teen killed by lightning strike
The Latest on a lightning strike that killed one person in Utah: (all times local):
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons' voting rights
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's sweeping executive order restoring the voting rights of more than 200,000 felons is unconstitutional, the state's highest court ruled Friday, siding with Republican lawmakers who...
- Tight-lipped 'Game of Thrones' cast reflects on last season
Jon Snow isn't dead, but he is missing - at least from Comic-Con.
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
Oklahoma State basketball player Tyrek Coger died from an enlarged heart after a 40-minute team workout on the football stadium stairs in hot weather, officials said Friday.
- Akron-Westfield falls to Kee in 1A championship game
Second-ranked Kee beat number-1 ranked Akron-Westfield, 7-3, on Friday to win the Class 1A softball championship. The Westerners came up short in their bid for their seventh state title in school history.
- Fargo snaps Explorers six-game winning streak
The Sioux City Explorers opened their eight game road trip with a 5-1 loss to Fargo-Moorhead on Friday night. The loss snapped Sioux City's six game winning streak.
- Remsen St. Mary's beats Highland in state baseball opener
It was a back-and-forth contest in the Class 1A quarterfinals as the Remsen St. Mary’s Hawks topped the Highland Huskies, 10-5 Friday night at Principal Park.
- Explorers jump Joplin for sixth straight win
The Sioux City Explorers completed a three game sweep over the Joplin Blasters at Mercy Field at Lewis and Clark Park, getting the 6-1 victory on Thursday night.
- Dramatic walk-off homer takes West Sioux to state tourney
West Sioux is going back to the state baseball tournament for the second year in a row. The Falcons won their substate final Wednesday night with a dramatic home run from Jake Lynott.
- BH/RV falls to top-ranked Benton in Class 3A semifinals
Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley lost to top-ranked Benton Community, 4-1, in the Class 3A semifinals of the Iowa girls state softball tournament.
- Akron-Westfield beats Newell-Fonda to earn title shot
Akron-Westfield beat Newell-Fonda, 7-0, in a Class 1A semifinal game at the Iowa girls state softball tournament on Thursday. Akron-Westfield will now play for their seventh state championship.
- Bishop Heelan & West Sioux earn state baseball trips
West Sioux and Bishop Heelan advanced to the state baseball tournament with substate wins on Wednesday night. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- BH/RV moves into 3A semifinals; Estherville LC blanked
Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley won their opener in the Class 3A state softball tournament, while Estherville Lincoln Central lost. See the highlights and the SportsFource softball scoreboard.
- Bishop Heelan falls to Boone in state softball opener
Bishop Heelan lost their Class 4A opener at the state softball tournament, 11-2, to Boone on Wednesday.
Headlines from KTIV News