Local News Headlines
- The Latest: The Latest:
The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (All times EDTl):
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press at 1:40 p.m. CDT
A woman who was the victim of a sex assault at Iowa State University is speaking publicly about the incident and its effect on her life because she says she wants to change how rape victims are treated on college campuses....
- Cedar Rapids evacuation zone shrinks, people moving back in
Authorities are allowing some residents to return to their homes and other properties in Cedar Rapids' flood evacuation zone.
- The Latest: Woman says sex assault turned life 'upside down'
The Latest on the sentencing of a former Iowa State University student who sexually assaulted another student (all times local):
- Officials say town flooded in 2008 ready for high water
Officials say a southeast Iowa community hit hard during flooding eight years ago is ready for whatever the Iowa and Cedar rivers have in store.
- Des Moines police investigating body found in parked van
Des Moines police are investigating what they call the suspicious death of woman whose body was found in a parked minivan.
- Lawsuit aims to block exploitation charge against Iowa teen
A teenager and her family have filed a lawsuit to try and block a Marion County attorney from charging her with sexual exploitation after she sent photos of herself to a classmate through the mobile messaging app Snapchat.
- Tyson Foods unit to add 350 jobs in Council Bluffs
Tyson Foods plans to invest $27 million in one of its plants in western Iowa and hire another 350 works.
- Former law firm employee gets probation for theft
A woman accused of stealing more than $38,000 from a Sioux City law firm has been four years of probation.
- 2 men shot and killed each other, Clive police say
Police say the two men who were fatally shot at 7 Flags Event Center in Clive killed each other.
National News Headline
- Train crashes at New Jersey station; 1 dead, 74 hospitalized
A rush-hour commuter train crashed through a barrier at the busy Hoboken station and lurched across the waiting area Thursday morning, killing one person and injuring more than 100 others in a tangle of broken concrete,...
- The Latest: Pence to spend weekend on debate prep in IN
The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (All times EDT):
- More than another call: Chief talks about school shooting
When two firefighters rolled up to an elementary school shooting, they said they found only a wrecked black pickup truck at the playground. There was no gunman, and no one inside the truck.
- The Latest: Shooter fired at door as class exited for recess
The Latest on a teenager who is accused of killing his father before shooting three people at a school in South Carolina (all times local):
- The Latest: Clinton, Trump comment on New Jersey train crash
The Latest on the commuter train that crashed into a station in New Jersey (all times local):
- Yosemite chief retiring amid complaints of hostile workplace
The head of Yosemite National Park is retiring following employee complaints that he created a hostile workplace by allowing bullying, harassment and other misconduct, allegations also raised in other popular national...
- Brain freeze? Gary Johnson can't name favorite world leader
Call it a brain freeze or another "Aleppo moment," but Gary Johnson has stumbled again in his quixotic presidential campaign.
- Did landmark laws from Congress enable high drug prices?
Lawmakers are venting outrage over high prescription drug costs, but lawmakers and presidents of both parties may have set the stage for the startling prices that have consumers on edge.
- Hotel workers seek new safety measures after freezer death
Federal regulators and hotel employees are calling for new safety measures after a worker was found dead inside a walk-in freezer at the Westin Peachtree Plaza in downtown Atlanta.
- Family, friends of Marlins' Fernandez to attend funeral Mass
A day after fans said goodbye, family members and friends of Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez gathered for a private funeral Mass on Thursday afternoon.
- Bloomfield named SportsFource Champions after 102-point outburst
Usually, eight-man high school football games are high scoring. But Bloomfield took it to another level in its win over Elkhorn Valley. The Bees have won their way into the Class D2 rankings and they're this week's SportsFource Champions.
- Morningside men top Briar Cliff in GPAC soccer match
Morningside beat Briar Cliff, 3-1, in men's GPAC soccer action on Wednesday. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Buena Vista's Stolen wins Iowa Conference special teams honor
Buena Vista senior kicker/punter Tyler Stolen has been recognized this week as the Iowa Conference Special Teams Performer of the Week for the second time this season.
- Unity Christian tops Hinton; East sweeps North
Unity Christian won the War Eagle Conference title with a sweep of Hinton, while Sioux City East blanked North. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Foot injury sidelines Iowa's top receiver
The Hawkeyes' top wide receiver could miss the rest of the regular season. Iowa confirmed that senior Matt VandeBerg injured his foot in practice on Monday.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings
See the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class.
- Iowa State prepares for high-powered Baylor offense
Iowa State picked up its first win under new head coach Matt Campbell on Saturday night, beating San Jose State. This weekend, a much tougher foe invades Jack Trice Stadium, No. 13 Baylor.
- Dakota Valley picks up interstate win over SB-L
See highlights of the Dakota Valley and Sergeant Bluff-Luton volleyball teams, plus check out Monday's SportsFource Scoreboard.
- Arnold Palmer's legacy extends into Siouxland
One of the titans of golf passed away on Sunday. The King, Arnold Palmer, died at age 87 of complications from heart issues. Palmer's golf legacy extends into Siouxland.
- Dakota Dunes Country Club pays tribute to Arnold Palmer
One of the titans of golf passed away on Sunday.
Headlines from KTIV News