Local News Headlines
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
A lawyer is quizzing Iowa Governor Terry Branstad about his administration's treatment of a former state commissioner. Chris Godfrey is suing, claiming Branstad demanded his resignation, than slashed his pay when he...
- Cedar Rapids man admits to distributing heroin
A Cedar Rapids man has pleaded guilty to distributing heroin that caused an overdose death.
- Illinois panel OK's electricity line proposal
The Illinois Commerce Commission has approved plans to build an electricity line designed to bring wind energy from Iowa to the state.
- Fort Dodge woman gets 10 years for conspiracy
A Fort Dodge woman will spend ten years in federal prison for conspiring to burn down a house and collect the insurance money.
- Iowa governor to be deposed in discrimination case
Gov. Terry Branstad will have to answer questions under oath about his administration's treatment of a gay former state administrator.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
Southwest Iowa authorities say a 66-year-old man has died in a house fire.
- Southwest Iowan died in house fire, officials say
Southwest Iowa authorities say a 66-year-old man has died in a house fire
- Court rejects appeal of fired U. Iowa professor
An appeals court has upheld the firing of a University of Iowa radiology professor who engaged in harassing behavior toward colleagues.
- Iowa court an option for mentally ill offenders
The 4th Judicial District is planning to launch a court for nonviolent offenders with mental illnesses.
- Mason City clown still positive after car wreck
A Mason City clown who was in a coma for more than a week following an August car accident is on the road to recovery.
National News Headline
- Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan
Many immigrants in the United States illegally who apply for work permits under President Barack Obama's new executive actions would be eligible for Social Security and Medicare benefits upon reaching retirement age,...
- Humane Society offers reward in Alaska dog hanging
The Humane Society of the United States is offering a reward for information about the death of a dog in Alaska that was found hanging from a tree with its throat slashed, the organization said Wednesday.
- Cosby testimony describes accuser's spiked story
Bill Cosby testified under oath in 2005 that he gave the National Enquirer an exclusive interview about looming sexual-assault accusations by a Canadian woman against him in exchange for the tabloid spiking a second...
- Homeless man beaten to death in San Francisco
Police say they are looking for a group of "cowards" who beat a homeless man to death as he slept in an alley in downtown San Francisco.
- Video: Cop shot boy seconds after encountering him
The police officer who fatally shot a 12-year-old boy carrying a pellet gun fired within 1½ to 2 seconds of pulling up in his cruiser, police said Wednesday. During those few moments, he ordered the youngster three times...
- Ferguson residents clean up, hope for calm night
Business owners and residents boarded up windows and cleared away debris Wednesday as Ferguson sought a tentative return to normal after two nights of unrest over the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown case.
- At 1 month, US Ebola monitors finding no cases
For three weeks, Dr. John Fankhauser and his family lived in two RVs in a meadow in North Carolina, watching movies, playing cards and huddling around a fire pit - with no other campers around.
- Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies
Some witnesses said Michael Brown had been shot in the back. Another said he was face-down on the ground when officer Darren Wilson finished him off. Still others acknowledged changing their stories to fit published...
- Holiday travelers greeted by cheap gas, storms
By The Associated Press Some holiday travelers are giving thanks for the cheapest gas prices in years. But that's cold comfort to those beating a path through stormy weather, including a...
- Snow makes Thanksgiving travel 'a little hairy'
A sloppy mix of rain and snow rolled into the Northeast on Wednesday just as millions of Americans began the big Thanksgiving getaway, grounding hundreds of flights and turning highways hazardous along the congested...
- Morningside sweeps Northwestern in GPAC hoops
Morningside swept a GPAC basketball doubleheader with Northwestern on Tuesday in Sioux City. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Hawkeyes ready to host Huskers on Friday
Last week, Iowa and Nebraska still had hopes of winning the Big Ten's West Division. Both teams lost and that hope is gone. When they meet Friday they're just looking for a win and a better bowl game. Both teams are 4-3 in the Big Ten. Iowa is 7-4 overall, while the Huskers are 8-3.
- Boone Central/NG wins big in Class C1 final
Wyatt Mazour ran for 250 yards and two touchdowns and passed for 128 yards and three scores to lead top-ranked Boone Central/Newman Grove to a 54-14 victory over No. 2 Ashland Greenwood in the Class C1 championship game on Tuesday.
- Turnovers doom Cedar Catholic in C2 title game
Lane Napier ran for 119 yards and three touchdowns and Aquinas Catholic rushed for 308 of its 322 yards while defeating turnover-plagued Hartington Cedar Catholic 40-6 in the Class C2 championship game Tuesday.
- Wayne State women win NSIC opener
Wayne State College used a 23 point, 14 rebound outing from senior forward Jordan Spencer and a 13-0 run late in the game as the 12th-ranked Wildcats pulled away for a 71-57 win at Augustana College Monday evening in the Northern Sun Conference opener for both teams.
- ISU's Weaver makes Academic All-Big 12 team
Here's an Iowa State success story on and off the field. Senior Jared Weaver has been named to the Academic All-Big 12 first team.The 2010 Bishop Heelan valedictorian has a perfect 4.0 grade point average in aerospace engineering.
- Iowa State hoping to send seniors out with a win against West Virginia
Iowa State plays their final home game Saturday against West Virginia. The Cyclones want to send their 17 seniors out with a win at Jack Trice Stadium.
- Hartington Cedar Catholic holds pep rally before C2 state final
Hartington Cedar Catholic has cruised through the Nebraska state football playoffs as an 11 seed, and finds themselves in the Class C2 state final tomorrow in Lincoln. The Trojans held a pep rally before the team left Monday.
- Bandits hold open tryouts
The Sioux City Bandits don't open their 2015 campaign until February 28th, but the team held open tryouts Sunday morning.
- Iowa State falls just short of first Big 12 win
Saturday, Iowa State came within four minutes of their first Big 12 win of the season. But a late rally by Texas Tech dropped the Cyclones to 0-7 in conference play this season.
Headlines from KTIV News