Local News Headlines
- Hearing reset for man seeking new trial in Waterloo killing
A hearing has been pushed to next year for a man seeking a new trial in a 2006 shooting death at a Waterloo nightclub.
- Former Rapid City mayor takes new job in home state of Iowa
Former Rapid City mayor Sam Kooiker (KWAY'-kur) is taking a new job in his home state of Iowa.
- Ex-Pacific Junction city clerk charged with theft from city
A former Pacific Junction city clerk accused by state auditors of giving herself unauthorized Christmas bonuses and vacation and sick pay has been charged with theft.
- Iowa legislators to consider tax break for manufacturers
Iowa state legislators are set to consider a proposal that would expand tax exemptions for manufacturers and lower their tax burden by up to $46 million.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
A 29-year-old man has admitted to using drugs during the time he worked as a guard at Anamosa State Penitentiary. Ethan Darrow pleaded guilty Monday in federal court. Court records say Darrow had an assault rifle while he...
- Ex-Iowa prison guard pleads guilty to drug charges
A 29-year-old man has admitted to using drugs during the time he worked as a guard at Anamosa State Penitentiary.
- Trial in federal lawsuit against Iowa zoo opens
A California veterinarian says all the animals at a northeast Iowa zoo at the center of a federal lawsuit should be removed and sent to sanctuaries.
- Police: Teen rams patrol car with stolen vehicle in Altoona
A 16-year-old Urbandale boy has been charged after police say he rammed a police car with a stolen vehicle in Polk County.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
Authorities say a former Iowa State basketball standout has turned himself in to police following a fight that injured a high school principal and two others.
- Suspect in fight that injured Iowa principal turns himself
Authorities say a former Iowa State basketball standout has turned himself in to police after a high school principal and two others were injured in a Glenwood confrontation.
National News Headline
- South Carolina sees sun, but flooding ordeal far from over
The Carolinas saw sunshine Tuesday after days of inundation, but it could take weeks to recover from being pummeled by a historic rainstorm that caused widespread flooding and 14 deaths.
- Ex-UN General Assembly head among 6 held in bribery scheme
A former president of the United Nations General Assembly was arrested Tuesday and charged with accepting over $1 million in bribes and a trip to New Orleans for his family from a billionaire Chinese real estate mogul and...
- FAA proposes nearly $2 million fine against drone operator
The Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday proposed a record $1.9 million fine against an aerial photography company for flying drones in crowded New York and Chicago airspace without permission.
- Pilot who became ill aboard flight died of natural causes
A New York medical examiner says an American Airlines pilot who became ill while flying from Phoenix to Boston died from natural causes.
- Judge tosses conviction in infamous '90 NYC tourist killing
A man who maintains he was wrongly convicted in a notorious 1990 tourist killing deserves a new trial, a judge said Tuesday, throwing out a verdict in a case that helped crystallize an era of crime and fear in the...
- The Latest: Death toll from flooding rises to 16
The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Workers remove Ten Commandments from Oklahoma Capitol
A granite monument of the Ten Commandments that has sparked controversy since its installation on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds was moved early Tuesday to a private conservative think tank for storage.
- In writings, Oregon gunman ranted about others being crazy
The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college last week complained in writings he left behind that everyone else was crazy and ranted about not having a girlfriend, a law enforcement official said.
- US forecast calls for lower heating bills this winter
Heating bills should drop this winter for most U.S. households thanks to a combination of lower energy prices and warmer weather across most of the country, the U.S. Energy Department said Tuesday.
- Sunken ship had enough lifeboats, but storm overpowered it
On a vessel taking on water and listing to one side, buffeted by 50-foot waves and winds estimated at up to 140 mph, life rafts can be torn apart and lifeboats become impossible to drop into the sea.
- Iowa State heads to Texas Tech seeking 2-0 Big 12 start
Iowa State didn't win a single game in Big 12 play last season. But on Saturday, the Cyclones started 1-0 in conference with a victory over Kansas. Iowa State begins a four-game stretch against Texas teams this Saturday when they head on the road to Texas Tech.
- Iowa's King earns Big Ten player of the week honors
Iowa defensive back Desmond King is this week's Big Ten Co-Defensive player of the week.
- Vermillion earns volleyball win over Elk Point-Jefferson
See highlights of Vermillion's 3-0 win over Elk Point-Jefferson, plus check out Monday's SportsFource Scoreboard.
- Sioux City native wins dirt racing national championship
Sioux City dirt track racer Chris Abelson won an International Motor Contest Association national championship over the weekend.
- Iowa A.P. football rankings
See the new Iowa AP football rankings from Classes 4A through 8-player.
- Nebraska A.P. football rankings
See the New Nebraska AP football rankings from Classes A through D2.
- Iowa defense great in road win over Wisconsin
Iowa is 5-0 for the first time since 2009. A win over a ranked opponent for the first time since 2011. Iowa went on the road and beat #19 Wisconsin Saturday, passing their biggest test of the season in a defensive battle.
- Nebraska's hard luck continues against Illinois
Close games are becoming the norm for Nebraska, and it was another brutal finish for the Cornhuskers against the Illini on Saturday.
- Iowa State 1-0 in Big 12 for first time since 2002
Iowa State hasn't been 1-0 in the Big 12 since 2002. The Cyclones didn't win a single conference game last season. But Saturday's 38-13 win over Kansas was a confidence boost and a glimpse of what the Cyclone offense is capable of.
- Morningside wins road battle over Northwestern; Dordt falls to Concordia
Check out highlights of the Morningside-Northwestern game as well as the Dordt football team, and see Saturday's SportsFource Scoreboard.
Headlines from KTIV News