Local News Headlines
- Officials: New Iowa facility will house men, women
Officials in western Iowa say a new law enforcement center will house both men and women.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
Independent Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders will return to Iowa for a town hall meeting in Davenport this weekend. The political committee associated with Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement is sponsoring the public...
- Group seeks to operate dog racing track in Dubuque
The Iowa Greyhound Association has formally requested a license to operate a dog racing track in Dubuque next year.
- Muscatine man found not guilty of murder
A 23-year-old Muscatine has been found not guilty of first-degree murder.
- Announcement planned in fatal western Iowa fight
Officials in western Iowa have scheduled a news conference to announce developments in the case of a Council Bluffs school fight that left a 17-year-old student dead.
- Vermont Sen. Sanders to return to Iowa
Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders will return to Iowa for a town hall meeting in Davenport this weekend.
- Harding men's soccer team to host Upper Iowa
The Harding University men's soccer team looks to maintain its place among the top four teams in the Mid America Intercollegiate Athletics Association when the Bisons host Upper Iowa.
- ISU student found dead in apartment on campus
An Iowa State University student has been found dead in her apartment on campus, but authorities say no foul play is suspected.
- Audit: funds misused at conservation district
A state audit of the Mahaska County Soil and Water Conservation District office alleges more than $279,000 was improperly taken and cash not properly deposited by a former secretary over seven years.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
The University of Iowa is refusing to reinstate fired women's field hockey coach Tracey Griesbaum or to re-investigate what her supporters call a pattern of unfair treatment of female coaches.
National News Headline
- Man gets 30-year term for Oregon bomb plot
One thousand, four hundred and six days after he screamed "God is great" while police officers dragged him into a waiting van, a young Somali American was sentenced to 30 years in prison for plotting to detonate a bomb.
- The US Ebola case: 5 things to know
By MARILYNN MARCHIONE AP Chief Medical Writer Health officials on Tuesday announced the first case of Ebola diagnosed in the United States - a man isolated in intensive care at Texas Health Presbyterian...
- Dallas ER sent Ebola-infected patient home
A Dallas emergency room sent a man with Ebola home last week, even though he told a nurse that he had been in disease-ravaged West Africa, and officials at the hospital are considering if they would have acted differently...
- 'Real Housewives' couple face sentencing for fraud
The married stars of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" are due for a dose of unscripted reality.
- Guilty plea set in $7.5 million Miami Heat fraud
A man charged with a multimillion-dollar investment scam involving three former Miami Heat players and the team itself wants to take responsibility for his actions and move on, his attorney said ahead of an expected plea...
- History fight coming to a head in suburban Denver
A fight in Colorado over how United States history is taught is coming to a head in suburban Denver on Thursday with students and teachers expected to pack a school board meeting where the controversial changes could face...
- Questions and answers about the US Ebola case
U.S. health officials have warned for months that someone infected with Ebola could unknowingly carry the virus to this country. Now it has happened: A traveler in a Dallas hospital became the first patient diagnosed in...
- Episcopalians battle behind walls of NYC seminary
The lid has been lifted on a fierce internal battle at the nation's oldest Episcopal seminary, which has lost most of its faculty over what they say is their dean's intimidating, disrespectful leadership.
- Sullivan grilled during fisheries debate in Alaska
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan was grilled on his positions on fishing issues during a debate Wednesday night with Democratic Sen. Mark Begich in one of the largest fishing ports in the U.S.
- Minneapolis community fights recruiters for jihad
Every evening after work, Abdirizak Bihi strolls through neighborhood parks where young Somalis shoot hoops and play soccer. He tells jokes, urges them to clean up their trash and even grabs the basketball to take a few...
- Heelan's Pavone named SportsFource Champion
Cross country has long been a very individual sport. But don't tell that to this week's SportsFource Champion, Alex Pavone. The Bishop Heelan senior has taken a team approach as the Crusaders take aim at the Class 3A state meet.
- Iowa State men's basketball team returns plenty of talent
The Iowa State men's basketball team went 28-8 last season, won the Big 12 tournament and made the Sweet 16. More big things are expected for the Cyclones. Despite losing seniors Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane, ISU has experience back.
- Briar Cliff sweeps Morningside for third straight time
Briar Cliff swept Morningside in GPAC volleyball for the third straight time. See the highlights and Wednesday's SportsFource scoreboard.
- Huskers "hungry" for Big Ten battle at Michigan State
Nebraska is the only undefeated team left in the Big Ten. The 19th-ranked Huskers face their toughest test of the season Saturday at tenth-ranked Michigan State. Nebraska is 5-0 for the first time since 2010 and they haven't been 6-0 since 2001.
- Spirit Lake & Sioux Center meet in 2A showdown on Friday
The football teams from Sioux Center and Spirit Lake have a lot in common. Both teams are 5-0 in Class 2A. Both received a first place vote in this week's poll and they'll meet on Friday.
- Sioux Center & Northwestern get volleyball wins
Sioux Center and Northwestern College protected their volleyball rankings with wins on Tuesday night. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Hawkeyes will use two quarterback system
Even during a bye week, the Hawkeyes are making news. C.J. Beathard has led Iowa to a pair of wins the last two weeks, taking over for Jake Rudock. Tuesday, Iowa offensive coordinator Greg Davis says the Hawks are going to a two-quarterback system.
- Iowa State continues tough schedule against Oklahoma State
For the third time in five games, Iowa State will face a ranked team. The Cyclones will travel outside of the state for the first time to play number-21 Oklahoma State. ISU has lost nine straight to ranked teams since beating then-second ranked Oklahoma State in 2011.
- UNI basketball team returns plenty of experience
The UNI men's basketball team has seven players returning with starting experience, plus transfer Paul Jesperson who started 33 games at Virginia as a sophomore. But UNI's five seniors are in danger of becoming the first Panther squad in 11 years to graduate without a trip to the NCAA tournament.
- New Nebraska AP high school football rankings
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class.
Headlines from KTIV News