Local News Headlines
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press at 9:40 p.m. CST
Protesters fighting the Dakota Access pipeline are getting conflicting messages from the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. The tribal chairman tells demonstrators that it's time to leave their camp and go home. Another...
- Reynolds faces spotlight in rise to Iowa governor
Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds is in the spotlight as she prepares to become the state's first female governor.
- Parents arrested, charged in death of 16-year-old girl
Authorities have charged the parents of an emaciated 16-year-old West Des Moines girl who died in October.
- Supreme Court to review lottery computer manager conviction
The Iowa Supreme Court has agreed to review the conviction last year of a former lottery computer administrator who was accused of fixing a 2010 Hot Lotto game in Iowa.
- Sioux City officer shoots, kills man during traffic stop
Officials say a Sioux City police officer has shot and killed a South Dakota man during a traffic stop in the northwestern Iowa city.
- Police to release video in shooting that paralyzed Iowa man
Authorities are expected to release dashcam video Thursday of a traffic stop in which a white officer shot and paralyzed an unarmed black motorist.
- Firefighters say woman's body found in burned out motor home
Authorities in northeastern Iowa say the body of a woman was found in a motor home that burned overnight.
- Stay or go? Tribe gives conflicting messages to protest camp
Protesters fighting the Dakota Access pipeline are getting conflicting messages from the Standing Rock Sioux reservation.
- City audit uncovers improper spending, undeposited payments
A state audit of financial records for Riverton in southwest Iowa has discovered nearly $331,000 in improper or unsupported spending and undeposited collections.
- Trump, Pence 'thank you' tour coming to Pennsylvania Dec. 15
Republican president-elect Donald Trump and running mate Mike Pence will be thanking Pennsylvania voters at an event Dec. 15.
National News Headline
- Alabama executes man convicted of killing store clerk
A man convicted of killing a convenience store clerk more than two decades ago in Alabama was put to death Thursday night, the state's second execution this year.
- The Latest: Alabama executes man who killed clerk in 1994
The Latest on the scheduled execution of an Alabama inmate (all times local):
- The Latest: Debris in lake may be from missing Alaska plane
The Latest on missing Alaska plane with four on board (all times local):
- John Glenn, the 1st American to orbit Earth, dies at age 95
John Glenn, whose 1962 flight as the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the Earth made him an all-American hero and propelled him to a long career in the U.S. Senate, died Thursday. The last survivor of the original Mercury 7...
- Stay or go? Tribe gives conflicting messages to protest camp
For protesters fighting the Dakota Access pipeline, the messages from the Standing Rock Sioux reservation are confusing: The tribal chairman tells demonstrators that it's time to leave their camp and go home. Another...
- Firefighter: Warehouse missing from fire-inspection records
The illegally occupied Oakland warehouse where dozens of partygoers perished in a blaze does not appear in a database fire inspectors use to schedule inspections and may never have been checked for fire hazards, a...
- Well-known visual artist among Oakland fire victims
A well-known visual projection artist who toured the globe was among the 36 people killed in a fire that engulfed a dance party inside an Oakland warehouse.
- Drought, the South's unwelcome guest, stays despite rains
Recent showers and storms have slightly eased the South's severe drought, but experts say it wasn't enough to make up for months of dry conditions before the rain finally fell.
- Reno school boss praises quick police response in shooting
The head of the Nevada school district where a campus officer shot a knife-wielding high school student praised the quick police response that she says helped avert what could have been a much more dangerous situation.
- Missing small Alaska plane rented by the pilot
A small plane that's missing in Alaska with four people on board was rented by a pilot described as a man who makes good decisions, the individual who handled the transaction said Thursday.
- Jok leads Hawkeyes past Cyclones
Peter Jok scored 23 points and Iowa upset 25th-ranked Iowa State 78-64 on Thursday, snapping a three-game losing streak against its instate rival. Isaiah Moss had 14 points to help the Hawkeyes (5-5) beat a Power Five opponent for this first time this season.
- South Sioux City & West girls beat metro opponents
The second-ranked South Sioux City girls beat North, while Sioux City West won at East. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- New Iowa girls basketball rankings released
See the new Iowa girls basketball rankings from the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union in Classes 1A through 5A.
- Morningside women fall to streaking Concordia
Concordia won their 12th straight game, beating Morningside in a top ten NAIA women's basketball game on Wednesday. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Northern Iowa men set record against SDSU; South Dakota women top Illini
Northern Iowa set a school record with 20 3-pointers in an 86-58 win over South Dakota State on Wednesday night. South Dakota beat Illinois in women's basketball in the first visit from a Big Ten team in 35 years.
- Hawkeyes look to continue mat dominance over Cyclones
Most of the matchups in the Cy-Hawk series have been competitive. But one sport where Iowa dominates Iowa State is wrestling. The Hawkeyes will look for their 13th straight dual win over the Cyclones on Saturday.
- Morningside's Ryan named NAIA Region 4 Coach of the Year
Morningside College head football coach Steve Ryan has been named the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) 2016 NAIA Region 4 Coach of the Year.
- SportsFource Extra highlights & scores
Watch high school highlights from Tuesday's basketball and wrestling action; plus the SportsFource scoreboard from Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.
- Musketeers off to impressive start behind scoring, goaltending
The Musketeers are tied for the best record in the USHL, with a 16-4-1 record. The Muskies have built a six-point lead in the Western Conference standings with scoring and goaltending.
- North girls edge West
See highlights of the North and West girls basketball teams, plus check out Monday's SportsFource Scoreboard.
Headlines from KTIV News