Local News Headlines
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
A northern Iowa city council has banned a resident from city buildings after it said he sent a threatening letter to elected officials and employees. The letter to the Hampton City Council requested that officials declare...
- Farm Rescue nonprofit helping 300th Midwest family
The Farm Rescue nonprofit in the Midwest is helping its 300th family this week, just eight years after former North Dakota farm boy and UPS pilot Bill Gross launched the unique organization.
- No injuries in eastern Iowa business fire
Earlville authorities say no one was injured after an oven caused a manufacturing business to catch on fire.
- West Iowa police chase ends in Missouri River
A high-speed chase through western Iowa has ended with a crash into the Missouri River and a manhunt for one suspect who escaped the scene.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
Hillary Rodham Clinton is urging Iowa Democrats to get out the vote for Senate candidate Bruce Braley, saying he has "proven he will get the job done."
- RGA surpasses $100 million on Christie's watch
The group dedicated to electing and re-electing Republican governors has now raised more than $100 million on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's watch.
- Iowa man faces murder charge in girlfriend's death
A southwest Iowa man has been charged with first-degree murder in the 2009 death of his girlfriend.
- 3 northwest Iowa schools placed on lockdown
Authorities in northwest Iowa say they have placed three schools on lockdown as they investigate 'reported threats.'
- Christie helping friends in final midterm stretch
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is returning to Iowa yet again to campaign for a governor who doesn't need his help, one in a string of meetings with Republican candidates who would be valuable allies should he run for...
- Drake $65M expansion plan moving forward
Drake University says it is moving forward with a $65 million project that will include construction of two new buildings, renovation of four existing halls and the addition of new degree programs.
National News Headline
- Crews respond to rising smoke at Wichita airport
Emergency crews were headed to Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport after huge plumes of black smoke were seen rising into the sky.
- Report: Dangerous lab fires show lack of training
Science teachers need more safety training before running dazzling chemical experiments that can result in dangerous flash fires.
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel in win
The celebration in San Francisco's streets over the Giants' World Series victory turned raucous and violent, with two people injured by gunfire and a third stabbed. Police got pelted with bottles as they tried to...
- Maine nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride
A nurse who vowed to defy Maine's voluntary quarantine for health care workers who treated Ebola patients followed through on her promise Thursday, leaving her home for an hour-long bike ride.
- Marine wants new charges in Iraq war crime tossed
The Marine Corps should not be retrying a sergeant whose murder conviction in a major Iraq war crime case was overturned by the military's highest court after he served half of his 11-year sentence, his defense...
- Correction: Superstorm-Mental Health story
In a story Oct. 29 about Superstorm Sandy victims experiencing mental health issues, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of an organization helping with disaster distress response. The organization is the...
- Hawaii lava flow is slow, gentle, yet unrelenting
Pele, the Hawaiian volcano goddess, moves gradually and persistently as she deposits lava across the Big Island of Hawaii. People in the small town lying in its path say the lava will reshape the community yard by yard as...
- California city faces key ruling on bankruptcy
Residents in the California city of Stockton will likely learn Thursday if they can put more than two years of financial uncertainty behind them.
- Viral video documents New York street harassment
A video recording the comments a woman hears as she walks around the nation's biggest city is a testament to the pervasiveness of street harassment women face, its creators said.
- Survey: Shrimp in US rife with murky labeling
Consumers around the nation can't be sure what kind of shrimp they're buying if they simply look at the label or menu at supermarkets, grocers and restaurants, an advocacy group says.
- Iowa high school football playoffs begin
Watch highlights of eight Siouxland playoff games in the first round and see all the scores from each class on Wednesday night.
- PHOTOS: FanFource football playoffs week 1
FanFource football playoffs week 1.You've got pictures and we want to see them.
- NAIA preseason basketball polls feature Morningside & Northwestern
Morningside College and Northwestern College are ranked in the NAIA Division II Basketball Coaches' Pre-Season Top 25 Polls.
- Alcester-Hudson stays perfect; SD football playoff scores
Alcester-Hudson stayed undefeated with a 48-7 win over Gayville-Volin in South Dakota football playoff action. See the highlights and the SportsFource football scoreboard.
- Gehlen Catholic advances past K-P; Volleyball results
Eighth-ranked Gehlen Catholic swept Kingsley-Pierson in Class 1A regional volleyball action on Tuesday. See the higlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Hawkeyes look for 'clean game' against Northwestern
The Hawkeyes have had two weeks to stew over their loss at Maryland. Iowa is back home this week to play Northwestern. The Hawks are still 5-2 overall and 2-1 in the Big Ten, but need to get their confidence back.
- New Nebraska AP high school football rankings
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class.
- West loses in 5A regionals; volleyball scores
Sioux City West dropped their Class 5A regional volleyball match against Council Bluffs Thomas Jefferson on Monday. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Iowa State hopes to break losing streak against Sooners
1990 was the last time Iowa State beat Oklahoma in football. The Cyclones last win in Ames over the Sooners was in 1960. ISU will try again Saturday against 19th ranked OU.
- Morningside a unanimous #1 pick in NAIA football poll
Morningside College's football team is ranked No. 1 in the nation for the sixth week in a row in the NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 poll. The Mustangs improved their record to 7-0 last Saturday with 63-0 shutout victory against city rival Briar Cliff University.
Headlines from KTIV News