Local News Headlines
- Iowa teacher accused of sex abuse of student resigns
A teacher accused of an inappropriate relationship with a student at Thomas Jefferson High School has submitted his resignation, and a second teacher accused of knowing about the relationship has also resigned.
- Dubuque-based insurance broker to add 90 jobs over 3 years
A Dubuque-based insurance broker has announced plans to add 90 jobs over the next three years.
- Nebraska filmmaker guilty of tax credit fraud in Iowa
A Nebraska filmmaker accused of faking a purchase agreement to get Iowa state tax credits has been convicted of first-degree fraud.
- Des Moines grocery chain auctioned off in bankruptcy court
A Des Moines-based grocery store chain has been auctioned off piece-by-piece to the highest bidders.
- Iowa man guilty of hiding bullets in underwear sentenced
A Mason City man who pleaded guilty to hiding bullets in his underwear while in jail has been sentenced to probation.
- Iowa man sentenced to prison for crash that killed friend
An Osage man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for vehicular homicide in the death of a Charles City man.
- Groups: Iowa school bullying bill could use improvements
Iowa groups monitoring Gov. Terry Branstad's latest attempt to reduce school bullying say there are improvements in his new legislation, but there remains room for improvement.
- Nebraska, Iowa expecting snow Saturday, into Sunday
By The Associated Press A winter storm raking the Midwest this weekend is expected to dump up to 6 inches of snow on parts of eastern Nebraska and up to 10 inches in parts of southern Iowa.
- Romney's exit unleashes race for donors among 2016 hopefuls
Mitt Romney's exit from the 2016 presidential campaign has unleashed a frenzy of fresh fundraising and opened up a new race for the backing of donors who had remained loyal to him.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
Two storm systems merging over the Midwest this weekend are expected to produce significant snowfall across Iowa and lighter accumulation in Nebraska. Meteorologist Melinda Beerends says a storm entering the region from...
National News Headline
- Rescue of 2 injured hikers underway on Mount Hood
The Clackamas County sheriff's office says a helicopter rescue operation is underway on Mount Hood after two climbers were injured.
- AP Interview: NYC mayor says he has moved past police crisis
Weeks removed from an open revolt from his own police force that had officers turning their backs on him, Mayor Bill de Blasio now declares he has moved past the rift, striking a tenuous truce with a strategy to stay above...
- Whitney Houston's daughter found unresponsive in tub
The daughter of late singer and entertainer Whitney Houston was found unresponsive, face down in a bathtub Saturday and taken to a hospital in the north Atlanta suburbs, police said.
- More than a foot of snow possible for Midwest, Northeast
A storm gathering steam over the southern Rockies is expected to dump more than a foot of snow on parts of the Midwest, New York and New England, which is still recovering from a winter walloping it received just a few...
- Balloon pilots make history with trans-Pacific flight
An audacious, nearly 7,000-mile-long trip across the Pacific Ocean came to an end Saturday as two accomplished pilots safely touched down in the water just off the coast of Mexico in their helium-filled balloon after...
- Charles Townes, who helped invent now-ubiquitous laser, dies
Charles H. Townes' inspiration for the predecessor of the laser came to him while sitting on a park bench, waiting for a restaurant to open for breakfast.
- White House: Science indicates parents should vaccinate kids
Amid the measles outbreak stemming from California, the White House is telling parents that science indicates they should vaccinate their children.
- 10 Super Bowl ads that everyone will be talking about
It's almost show time.
- Authorities review video of fatal parking lot run-in
Sheriff's investigators Saturday were reviewing a video of an incident in which hip-hop music mogul Marion "Suge" Knight hit two men with his pickup truck, killing one, that may help provide clarity on whether Knight...
- Man arrested in murder case of body parts found in luggage
San Francisco police arrested a man on suspicion of murder Saturday in connection with a suitcase found on a downtown street stuffed with dismembered human remains.
- SportsFource Extra; Highlights & scores
Watch highlights of 11 Siouxland sporting events and see Friday's SportsFource scoreboard from Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.
- KTIV's Sam Curtiss interviews Norfolk coach Ben Ries LIVE
The Norfolk boys basketball team is undefeated this season at 15-0 and are ranked first in Class A by the Omaha World Herald. Norfolk has been to the state tournament in four of the last five seasons. See KTIV'S Sam Curtiss interview Norfolk Head Coach Ben Ries LIVE on Friday during News Four At Six.
- LCC comes back to win at Wakefield
The boys from Laurel-Concord/Coleridge rallied from a 14-point halftime deficit to beat Wakefield, 61-59, on Thursday. See the highlights and the SportsFource basketball scoreboard.
- North & Sgt. Bluff-Luton come up just short at MRAC wrestling meet
District wrestling for the big schools in Class 3A is February 14th at Sioux City North. As a big tuneup, the metro schools were in action at the Missouri River Conference meet. Sioux City West was the host.
- Poor shooting dooms USD against Fort Wayne
Steve Forbes scored 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting, Joe Edwards added 14 points, including three 3-pointers, and IPFW beat South Dakota 66-55 on Thursday.
- Musketeers return home after long road trip
It's been 26 days since the Musketeers last played a home game. They've been on the road for almost all of January, going 5-2 in the New Year. They'll finally be back home on Friday.
- New Iowa girls high school basketball ratings
See the eighth Iowa Girls Basketball Rankings from the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union in Classes 5A through 1A.
- South Dakota women beat Denver to stay in first place
South Dakota limited Denver to five field goals in the second half and got 13 points each from Tia Hemiller and Lisa Loeffler in an 82-56 win in front of 1,450 fans inside the DakotaDome on Wednesday night.
- Morningside sweeps Dakota Wesleyan in hoops
The nationally-ranked Morningside men's and women's basketball teams swept Dakota Wesleyan on Wednesday night. See the highlights and the SportsFource college scoreboard.
- Morningside & Briar Cliff stay in NAIA basketball polls
Morningside College and Briar Cliff University remain in the NAIA Division II Women's and Men's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll. See the entire list.
Headlines from KTIV News