Local News Headlines
- Police look into knife injury at Mason City hotel
Police say a man has been injured by a knife following an altercation at a Mason City hotel.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
Iowa authorities say a man has died and two others have been injured after a head-on crash near Grand Junction. Trooper Kevin Leffler says Daniel Reetz was killed yesterday. Leffler says Reetz's Chevy Impala crossed...
- Iowa Republicans supportive of Perry
Iowa Republicans say Texas Gov. Rick Perry has not been tarnished by a recent indictment.
- U. of Iowa says 2 students report sexual assaults
The University of Iowa says two students reported recently that they were sexually assaulted on campus.
- Iowa group gets grant to reduce infant mortality
A Des Moines-based health care organization is receiving money from the federal government to fund a program aimed at reducing infant mortality.
- Iowa regents plans would affect admissions, hiring
It might get easier for students to apply to Iowa's three public universities, and for those schools to hire employees.
- Building collapses in east-central Iowa's Toledo
No injuries have been reported in the collapse of a two-story building in the east-central Iowa city of Toledo.
- New logo, banners aim to boost Cedar Rapids' image
Business leaders are hoping that a new logo and street banners will improve the image of downtown Cedar Rapids as a place to live and enjoy.
- World War II veterans share stories in new TV show
A new Muscatine TV program is offering residents insight from World War II veterans on life before, during and after their service.
- Fargo is site for national ag research center
The National Corn Growers Association has selected Fargo as the site for a national research center.
National News Headline
- Detroit's historic bankruptcy trial begins
Detroit's bankruptcy trial has adjourned for the day and will resume in the morning.
- APNewsBreak: Girl said Uzi was too much for her
A 9-year-old girl who accidentally killed an instructor with an Uzi at an Arizona shooting range said immediately after the shooting that she felt the gun was too much for her and had hurt her shoulder, according to police...
- Christie to Mexico on trade mission, 2016 politics
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading to Mexico on Wednesday, officially on a trade mission for his state. But the trip also serves as schooling for Christie, a potential 2016 presidential candidate with a lot of...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
Thirty-two teens "overwhelmed" their minders and escaped from a juvenile detention center by crawling under a weak spot in a fence, a state government spokesman said. Hours later Tuesday, eight were still on the run.
- Former Va. governor's corruption case goes to jury
The corruption case that could send former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife to federal prison was in the hands Tuesday of jurors who must decide whether the couple sold the influence of the office to a wealthy...
- Memo: No wrongdoing in handling child immigrants
A federal investigation that included surprise inspections was unable to substantiate 16 accusations by advocacy groups that the government packed into frigid cells children caught crossing the border alone, made them...
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
The U.S. government can withhold photographs and videotapes of a Guantanamo Bay detainee identified as the would-be 20th hijacker in the Sept. 11 terror attacks, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- US eating habits improve a bit _ except among poor
Americans' eating habits have improved - except among the poor, evidence of a widening wealth gap when it comes to diet. Yet even among wealthier adults, food choices remain far from ideal, a 12-year study found.
- Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
The north Florida town of Waldo has long had a reputation as a speed trap, and it's no wonder. A small segment of highway that runs through Waldo requires drivers to speed up and slow down six times: 65 mph becomes 55...
- PG&E penalized $1.4B for deadly pipeline blast
California regulatory judges issued a $1.4 billion penalty on Tuesday against the state's largest utility for a lethal 2010 gas pipeline explosion that engulfed a suburban San Francisco neighborhood in flames, killing...
- Nebraska high school football ratings released
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2.
- Morningside women's soccer earns victory in home opener; Monday's scores
- Iowa State loses WR Bundrage for season
Iowa State dropped its 2014 football opener to North Dakota State over the weekend. But the game wasn't the only thing that the Cyclones lost on Saturday.
- First AP football poll delayed due to holiday; SportsFource Rewind highlights
Iowa's AP football polls are scheduled to come out on Mondays throughout the season, but this week's poll is being delayed due to the Labor Day holiday.
- Iowa State has adjustments to make after loss to North Dakota State
Iowa State's season opener did not go as planned. Facing three-time defending FCS champions North Dakota State, who had beaten four straight FBS opponents, this was a chance for the Cyclones to prove themselves early on.
- Iowa has work to do after win over UNI
It took four quarters for Iowa to finally put away a persistent Northern Iowa team, as the Hawkeyes moved to 16-1 all time against the rival Panthers. For Iowa, the 31-23 victory over UNI had its good points, and its bad.
- Former Coyote Starr makes Atlanta Falcons' final roster
Former South Dakota linebacker Tyler Starr made the final 53-man roster on the Atlanta Falcons Saturday.
- Hinton, Westwood earn wins at CNOS Foundation Football Classic
Saturday's prep scores.
- Northwestern, Briar Cliff suffer season-opening losses; NAIA scores
Saturday's NAIA scores.
- Muskies earn bronze medal at Junior Club World Cup
The Sioux City Musketeers earned the bronze medal at the Junior Club World Cup with a 4-3 overtime win over Dynamo Shinnik of Belarus Saturday.
Headlines from KTIV News