Local News Headlines
- Council Bluffs officials to vote on development
The Council Bluffs City Council is set to vote next week on a development proposal near the city's riverfront that would include multilevel office buildings, condo towers and apartment buildings.
- NJ Gov. Christie back again in Iowa; 2016 on mind?
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is back in Iowa spending time with political activists who could prove helpful if the Republican runs for president in 2016.
- Dubuque officials suspect arson in vehicle fires
Dubuque police and fire department officials say they are investigating two vehicle fires as arson.
- Woman sentenced for using public money in scheme
A former University of Iowa employee who bought and resold at least 567 items online using university money has been sentenced to three years of probation.
- 4 stranded on roof of submerged car rescued
Four people - including a toddler - have been rescued from the roof of a submerged car that rolled into a Des Moines pond.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
Customers of Mediacom in Fort Dodge and Webster City had their Internet access cut for at least 14 hours after a crew encountered problems in trying to make a fiber line repair. The Fort Dodge Messenger reports the...
- Carlisle teacher charged with drug possession
A long-time Carlisle Middle School teacher and high school coach has been charged with crack cocaine possession after police found drugs on him during a traffic stop.
- Foundation moving from Waterloo to Cedar Falls
A foundation that has distributed $65 million since its founding plans to leave its office in downtown Waterloo for a new building in Cedar Falls.
- GOP candidates treading gingerly on climate change
Republicans in competitive races are treading gingerly around climate change this campaign season.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
The founder of a popular brand of food for observant Muslims has been indicted on charges that he shipped beef to Malaysia and Indonesia that didn't meet those countries' import requirements.
National News Headline
- Suspect in killing of deputies was twice deported
Federal authorities say a man suspected of killing two deputies during a shooting rampage in Northern California was deported twice and has a drug conviction.
- US journalist says body was 'at war' with Ebola
Ashoka Mukpo knew he really was in trouble when he saw the people treating him in full protective suits and hoods.
- NY, NJ order Ebola quarantine for doctors, others
Alarmed by the case of an Ebola-infected New York doctor, the governors of New Jersey and New York on Friday ordered a mandatory, 21-day quarantine of all medical workers and other arriving airline passengers who have had...
- Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation
Hawaii authorities on Saturday told several dozen residents near an active lava flow to prepare for a possible evacuation in the next three to five days as molten rock oozed across a country road and edged closer to homes.
- Few details offered on quarantines over Ebola
A nurse who treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone is the first test case of quarantine policies now in effect in three states over heightened fears the deadly virus could be spread by health care workers returning to the...
- Remains belong to missing Virginia student
Remains found nearly a week ago in a rural area of Virginia are those of a missing university student, authorities said Friday, as they turned their attention to filing possible additional charges against the suspect...
- Gold nugget found in California finds secret buyer
One of the largest gold nuggets in modern times pulled from Northern California's Gold Country has sold to a secret buyer.
- Health care worker criticizes quarantine process
The health care worker who was quarantined at a New Jersey hospital because she had contact with Ebola patients in West Africa is sharply criticizing the way her case has been handled.
- Solar flare knocks out some radio temporarily
Federal forecasters say a brief but strong solar flare Wednesday morning temporarily blacked out a few radio communication systems before weakening.
- Goofy dinosaur blends Barney and Jar Jar Binks
Nearly 50 years ago, scientists found bones of two large, powerful dinosaur arms in Mongolia and figured they had discovered a fearsome critter with killer claws.
- Johnson's two TD power UNI past Western Illinois
David Johnson rushed for 160 and two touchdowns to lead Northern Iowa to a 27-13 victory over Western Illinois on Saturday.
- Iowa high school playoff pairings released
See the Iowa high school playoff pairings involving Siouxland teams. All first round games will be played Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- SportsFource Extra highlights & scores; Bancroft-Rosalie scores 106 points
Watch highlights of 13 Siouxland football games plus the Musketeers topped Des Moines. See the action and see the SportsFource scoreboard from Iowa and Nebraska.
- PHOTOS:FanFource week 9
See all the action of week 9 of high school football and all the other sports of the week through your photos.You can be a part of our coverage too. Just send in your fan photos from the week of sports.Tweet photos to @ktivsports and use the hashtags #SportsFourceExtra and #FanFource.You can also use Instagram and email them to at connect-dot-ktiv.com.These photos will be used on SportsFource Extra, and on our website.
- KTIV's Mark Freund previews game between #1 Boone Central & #2 Norfolk Catholic.
What can you say about the rivalry between Boone Central/Newman Grove and Norfolk Catholic? They met last year in the playoffs, with the Cardinals winning. Two years ago they met in the C1 championship game with the Knights winning. The #1 Cardinals and #2 Knights face off Thursday night in Albion.
- #1 Boone Central tops #2 Norfolk Catholic; Cedar Catholic wins big
Top-ranked Boone Central/Newman Grove beat #2 Norfolk Catholic, 32-16, on Thursday in the regular season finale for both teams and Hartington Cedar Catholic blasted Ainsworth. See the highlights and the SportsFource football scoreboard.
- Unity Christian sweeps 2A district cross country titles
Unity Christian swept the boys and girls team titles at the Class 2A cross country qualifying meet in Orange City on Thursday. See the highlights and the cross country results in all classes.
- Briar Cliff women hope to rebound after disappointing season
After four straight trips to the NAIA national tournament, the Briar Cliff women's basketball team had a losing record last season. The Chargers were picked to finish sixth in the GPAC preseason poll, after a 14-17 record, but four of five starters return.
- Briar Cliff edges #21 Dordt in GPAC volleyball thriller
The Briar Cliff volleyball team defeated No. 21 Dordt at the Newman Flanagan Center on Wednesday. See the highlights and the college volleyball scoreboard.
- Woodbury Central's Paulsen twins named SportsFource Champions
Levi and Landan Paulsen of Woodbury Central will be playing for the Iowa Hawkeyes next year. The 6'5", 275-pound twins are this week's SportsFource Champions.
Headlines from KTIV News