Local News Headlines
- Firefighters pull man from underneath overturned tractor
Firefighters in southwestern Iowa have rescued a man trapped under an overturned tractor.
- Judges seal warrants related to arrest of 'Bachelor' star
Judges are sealing warrants that let police obtain blood and urine samples from "The Bachelor" star Chris Soules and to enter his home after a fatal Iowa crash.
- Eagle 'chop shop' case offers window into trafficking trade
A two-year undercover operation that led to indictments against 15 people for illegally trafficking eagles and other migratory birds uncovered what one prosecutor called a "chop shop" for eagles.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press at 11:40 a.m. CDT
Authorities say a woman has died after a fire at her home in central Iowa. Poweshiek (pow-eh-SHEEK') County officials say 56-year-old Catherine Foster died after firefighters found her late Thursday morning inside the...
- Woman dies after fire at her rural home in central Iowa
Authorities say a woman has died after a fire at her home in central Iowa.
- Group raises funds to save Des Moines train depot
A group is scrambling to raise money to buy and restore a historic train depot in a quickly developing area of Des Moines with hopes of turning the 108-year-old structure into event space and a local museum.
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
Authorities say another newborn has been turned over to state custody under Iowa's safe haven law.
- Immigration arrests increase in region compared to 2016
New data from the federal government shows immigration arrests in Minnesota and four surrounding states increased about 80 percent since President Donald Trump took office, compared to the same time in 2016. But, the...
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
An eastern Iowa man who broke his baby daughter's bones has been given probation and a suspended prison sentence.
- Northern Iowa man pleads guilty to mail fraud
A northern Iowa agricultural products salesman has pleaded guilty to mail fraud.
National News Headline
- Focus turns to senator with doctor guilty of Medicare fraud
A prominent Florida eye doctor has been convicted on all counts in his Medicare fraud trial, raising the possibility he could be pressured to testify in the bribery trial of New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez.
- Witnessing death: AP reporters describe problem executions
The sedative midazolam is supposed to prevent condemned prisoners from suffering while they die.
- Berkeley praises police for keeping peace at Coulter rallies
Ann Coulter did not turn up Thursday in Berkeley where hundreds gathered raucously but peacefully in her absence and lamented what they called the latest blow to free speech in the home of America's free speech movement.
- Judge to sentence former head of Chicago Public Schools
Federal judge in Chicago to sentence former head of the nation's third-largest school district for steering $23 million in city contracts to education firms for $2.3 million in bribes and kickbacks.
- The Latest: White House says Trump briefed on missile test
A U.S. official says North Korea has tested what was likely a medium-range ballistic missile.
- Arrest made in death of elderly California woman out on walk
A young man has been arrested in the death of an 86-year-old California woman who was sexually assaulted and beaten during a morning walk.
- Arkansas governor dismisses calls for full execution probe
The last of four Arkansas executions over an eight-day period has prompted calls for an investigation after the inmate lurched and convulsed while strapped to the gurney.
- Court agrees to hold off ruling on carbon restrictions
At the Trump administration's request, a federal appeals court has agreed to hold off ruling on Obama-era carbon restrictions.
- 2nd company shuts oil, gas wells after fatal Colorado blast
A second petroleum company says it's shutting down and inspecting wells after a deadly house explosion near a gas well in Colorado.
- First Lady dedicates 'healing' garden at children's hospital
First lady Melania Trump has dedicated a new garden for patients at one of America's leading children's hospitals.
- Explorers sign a pair of catchers
The Sioux City Explorers have signed catchers Dylan Kelly and Collin Leif to 2017 American Association contracts.
- First place Morningside widens GPAC softball lead
10th-ranked Morningside swept Dakota Wesleyan on Thursday to widen their lead in the GPAC. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Houlihan returns to Drake Relays for 'Rio Rematch'
Sioux City East grad Shelby Houlihan first made a name for herself at the Drake Relays. Houlihan is back in Iowa to run at Drake again in a special 1,500 meter race, dubbed the "Rio Rematch".
- Musketeers expect plenty of shots in Conference Finals
The top two seeds will meet in the Western Conference Final, when the Musketeers host Waterloo on Friday in Game 1. These two teams have a lot in common.
- Tjeerdsma to be guest speaker at Siouxland Officials Association Banquet
The Siouxland Officials Association Annual Awards and Recognition Banquet is scheduled for Wednesday, May 3, and will be held at the Willow Creek Golf Club in LeMars, Iowa.
- Musketeers excited for Western Conference Finals matchup with Waterloo
Game one of the USHL's Western Conference Finals is Friday between Sioux City and Waterloo. The Musketeers are the top seed and the Black Hawks are second. It's the first time the top two seeds have met in the Conference finals in four years.
- Neustrom leads Hawkeyes to win over Milwaukee
Senior Mason McCoy's RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning sent the University of Iowa baseball team to a 4-3 walk-off victory over Milwaukee on Tuesday night at Duane Banks Field.
- Ranked soccer teams from South Sioux & East win
The Sioux City East girls and South Sioux City boys protected their state rankings with wins in the rain on Tuesday. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Wayne State's Dendinger takes NSIC outdoor field honors
Make it four straight weeks for Wayne State College junior Michaela Dendinger being named the Northern Sun Conference Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week.
- Dordt's Gingerich named GPAC Baseball Player of the Week
Dordt’s Cameron Gingerich is this week’s GPAC/Hauff Mid-America Sports baseball player-of-the-week. Gingerich hit .550 with a .700 slugging percentage on the week.
Headlines from KTIV News