Local News Headlines
- Iowa judge considers bond for man in fatal crash
An Iowa man on Monday sought to have his bond reduced as he faces vehicular homicide charges in the deaths of four teenagers.
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press
An Iowa man is charged with locking his girlfriend's five children in a bedroom for more than 24 hours without food or access to a bathroom. Fayette County Sheriff's Office says deputies who responded to a report...
- Iowa sheriff reviewing release of shooting suspect
An Iowa sheriff said Monday he is reviewing whether his office made a mistake in releasing a man from jail hours after he was charged in a shooting that left an 18-year-old woman hospitalized.
- Disaster proclamation issued for 2 Iowa counties
Gov. Terry Branstad on Monday issued a disaster proclamation for two more Iowa counties affected by recent severe weather.
- Hatch campaign suspends ads in 2 TV markets
The campaign of Democratic candidate for governor Jack Hatch has suspended television ads in two Iowa markets and changed its advertising strategy in two others but denies it's a sign the campaign is struggling...
- Iowa DNR: Wastewater discharges near lake
About 1,000 gallons of untreated wastewater discharged near a lake in Guthrie County, according to state officials.
- Sheriff: Iowa man locked 5 kids in bedroom all day
A northeastern Iowa man was charged with locking his girlfriend's five children in a bedroom for more than 24 hours at a time without food or access to a bathroom, authorities said Monday.
- Ex-pediatrician faces civil lawsuit from families
Thirteen families have joined a lawsuit against a former Council Bluffs pediatrician already in prison for child pornography and acts involving a 5-year-old girl.
- Absentee ballots up nearly 98 percent from 2010
The number of absentee ballots requested by Iowa voters is nearly double the number sought 43 days before the 2010 election, Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz said Monday.
- This Hour: Latest Iowa news, sports, business and entertainment
A man was killed Monday after his car struck a utility pole in central Iowa.
National News Headline
- Alaska TV reporter quits on air to promote pot
A television reporter quit her job on live TV with a big four-letter flourish after revealing she owns a medical marijuana business and intends to press for legalization of recreational pot in Alaska.
- US cracks down on companies moving overseas
The Obama administration cracked down Monday on so-called tax inversions, aiming to curb a spate of American companies shifting overseas in an attempt to shirk paying U.S. taxes.
- Wesleyan orders fraternities to become coed
Wesleyan University in Connecticut on Monday ordered its fraternities with houses on campus to become coeducational within three years, a move it says is not just about bad behavior but also equality.
- US spacecraft enters Mars orbit, India probe next
Next up, India. With NASA's Maven spacecraft safely in orbit around Mars, the spotlight shifts to India's first mission to the red planet.
- Officials catch cougar roaming Utah neighborhoods
A young mountain lion was let go back into the wild Monday a day after roaming into a Salt Lake City neighborhood and forcing dozens of families to stay inside their homes for nearly five hours.
- NTSB investigating fatal Delaware bus crash
An independent federal agency is casting a wide net as it investigates the cause of a bus crash that killed two passengers and injured dozens more when it toppled over on a Delaware highway.
- Campaigns commonly share policy platforms, slogans
The Democrat running for Wisconsin governor acknowledges her campaign lifted policy platforms, including some exact language, from like-minded candidates.
- California wildfire crews brace for weather shift
Crews scrambled Monday to extend control lines around a massive Northern California wildfire threatening thousands of homes as they braced for strong, erratic winds similar to when the blaze doubled in size a week ago.
- Parishioners meet with bishop over gay couple
A Roman Catholic bishop says a central Montana parish is about evenly divided over a new priest's decision to prohibit a gay couple from receiving Communion unless they divorce, live separately and write a statement...
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in intruder case
Investigators found more than 800 rounds of ammunition, a machete and two hatchets in the car of the former soldier accused of scaling the White House fence and sprinting inside while carrying a knife, a federal prosecutor...
- New AP Iowa football poll
Latest AP Iowa football poll released.
- Morningside tops latest NAIA football poll
Morningside earns number one ranking for 10th time in school history.
- Beathard leads Iowa to victory after Rudock's injury
In a game that just might be enough to pull Iowa out of its early season struggles, the Hawkeyes earned a huge win over Pittsburgh to close non-conference play. It's a big momentum builder heading into the Big Ten schedule, but the big story coming out of the game will be the status of the Hawkeyes' quarterbacks.
- Abdullah runs wild in Nebraska win, becomes school's all time leader in all-purpose yards
Saturday night, Nebraska earned a 41-31 victory over ACC foe Miami to close non-conference play. The Huskers will enter the Big Ten with a perfect 4-0 record, but they'll also enter the conference with one of the best running backs in America playing very well.
- Morningside rolls over Dordt, Briar Cliff falls to Nebraska Wesleyan
GPAC action, plus Saturday's scores.
- Iowa earns win over Pittsburgh to close non-conference play
Mark Weisman ran for 88 yards and two touchdowns, including a 1-yard plunge with 6:56 remaining as Iowa rallied for a 24-20 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday.
- Northwestern tops Dakota Wesleyan in battle of ranked teams; Wayne State falls
Northwestern tops Dakota Wesleyan, Wayne State falls to MSU-Moorhead
- USD upsets 23rd-ranked Northern Arizona
Ryan Saeger ran for two touchdowns and passed for a third Saturday and South Dakota held off a second-half surge by Northern Arizona to win 28-21.
- SportsFource Extra football action
Watch highlights of 11 Siouxland high school football games from Friday night and see the SportsFource scoreboard from Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.
- Norfolk Catholic drills David City; Heelan girls sweep West
Second-ranked Norfolk Catholic stayed undeated with a 47-7 win over David City, while the #7 Bishop Heelan volleyball team swept West. See the highlights and Thursday's SportsFource scoreboard.
Headlines from KTIV News